Yesterday we took the #7 bus to Fiesole. The main piazza was having a lovely farmer's market with a few artigiani vendors. Looking back at these photographs I realize that everyone in Italy is an artist: such care is given to the placement and arrangement of items on the tables. (Even the pig's head looks nice.) A treat for all the senses.
And look at this giant pot! Esther, it's a good thing you missed this one - I'm pretty sure Alitalia wouldn't let you carry it on your lap on the flight home!!
please bring that pot home for me! I love it! Sounds like you guys are having a fabulous time and I'm enjoying the updates and lovely pictures. Be safe and enjoy!
Darlings- my goodness what a delight to read this and see all of the wonderful photos. Will you ever come back?? Our trip is planned. Wondering is you are emailing? would love a small hotel recco. near your apartment for July 4/5th as my sister may be joining us for the trip TBD.
Di - I'll scout around the neighborhood for a hotel. Altho' I must say we walk past the Four Seasons everyday and they have a walled interior garden that is an entire city block - the largest within the historic center. Maybe she is up for that?????? I'd love to get a peak inside there!
please bring that pot home for me! I love it! Sounds like you guys are having a fabulous time and I'm enjoying the updates and lovely pictures. Be safe and enjoy!
ReplyDeleteAre you sure? I think I could make it fit in my carry on!
ReplyDeleteOkay, you two need to open an import shop in Fayetteville and bring all the dang jugs and pots from Italy that your hearts desire!
ReplyDeleteDarlings- my goodness what a delight to read this and see all of the wonderful photos. Will you ever come back??
ReplyDeleteOur trip is planned. Wondering is you are emailing? would love a small hotel recco. near your apartment for July 4/5th as my sister may be joining us for the trip TBD.
Di - I'll scout around the neighborhood for a hotel. Altho' I must say we walk past the Four Seasons everyday and they have a walled interior garden that is an entire city block - the largest within the historic center. Maybe she is up for that?????? I'd love to get a peak inside there!
ReplyDelete